Thursday, December 24, 2009

...it's almost here

Mithu had her bachelorette yesterday. It was rocking I'm told and my shashuri too let her hair down. Wonder if there are any blackmail-able pictures clicked...
Raveena dropped in town, and then whizzed off, before complaining about the terrible road trip to Ranaghat from airport which took double the time, than it should have......
mamunidi is down in the city. Pun intended. And has been battling virus and schedule and buy me a gift...
Meanwhile at home, the ball begins to roll.
A blue drape atop bamboo has started adorning the courtyard. The pandal for the biye and my dad gleefully puts on Bismillah in 5.1. malkauns is a sad raag, so is Gujri Todi..but then again...
With melodies such as these used to sound off celebrations, i'm actually looking forward to jeetu-Mithun-Bapi medley promised for tomorrow's sangeet and some surprises.
Meanwhile my mom and her sis - the granny of my niece, indulged in some "what if"s and "I'm telling you" and "listen to me"s till wee hours of the night.
Didn't really think that Saans-bahu sagas could be this interesting that it'd force me to eavesdrop.
The saga i reckon will have a reprise soon enough.
The moot point of discussion was - that no matter that my cousin has braved -35 temps at Siachen and shot and killed infiltrators, when it comes to homeland security, he is very much someone who is led by the high command. So to compensate having gone out with groom to watch Avatar, he decided to make amends. Took out ailing daughter and grumpy wife to Paa.
And I don't know if it was the impact of the film or the force fed popcorn ('shower down affection' taken a bit 2 seriously) that resulted in the eventual avalanche of electrol, lomotil, and puffed rice...and roshogolla too!

Mithu was probably on her 6th drink at her bachelorette by then.
Meanwhile dadu and dhruti's elaborate train plans have been foiled. They were wait-listed and then derailed. So will eventually fly in to be amidst the party that I'm sure will go past the mom-in-law asserted deadline.
And I am still looking out for ways to escape the din at home. Seems unlikely. As post noon today Sehwag promises to give dada gurudakshina at the garden of Eden.
One last tryst with the remote and a swig before the phuchka wallah before tomorrow kicks off in my stomach.
And I'm being told I have lost weight. Ha!
parents i tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment